Thursday, January 18, 2007

11:11 Is My Favorite Number, But It Has Yet To Show Me Why

[Mood: Upset]
[Music: Jimmy Eat World - May Angels Lead You In]

It’s those cold days that get to the soul,
It’s when those hurtful words run deep,
And scar the heart,
Tired of the pain,
Can’t seem to find the tears,
Wanting to be set free,
But held back by consequence of a regret,
So much for experience,
Thought the day was near,
But now it seems like eternity,
There’s so much a heart can take,
The memories are like a mixtape,
They play me to sleep,
Wanting to smile again,
But oh such horrible mistakes have been made,
It’s sad that we can’t take back time,
Would you please set me free?
Throw away this misery and make me laugh,
But don’t come too close,
I’d rather not have you near the heart,
This distance is good,
The loneliness does kill though,
My pride is broken,
All for the sake of love,
Vulnerable,
For far too long,
What wasted days,
Ignorance should have been born much before the time,
I was your miracle,
Its just sad that you didn’t see that,
I cherish the days we hoped,
And try to get rid of that bitterness,
But I rather be left out in the cold,
Then to drown in all this ache.

No comments: