Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Books!

[Music: Bethany Joy Galeotti - Feel This]


When I get started on a book and it slowly reels me in, which not all that I read have the same effect,it feels like am apart of it.A character watching the whole story unfold from nearby.I see the world built in words so clearly before me that whenever I look away from the book that I have to remind myself of reality.I see the color of the leaves falling during fall,I feel the chills of winter and at times I feel so deeply for what the characters feel that my own emotions are so stirred up that there are tears running down my face.Only the good ones capture me this wayy and take me away.


These are the two that captivated me lately:




This is about a girl who moves into her mother's hometown when a tornado hits her home.The story begins with her strungles in this small,historical place and meeting new people there.As the story unfolds,she realizes her gift to speak to ghosts.This was very similar to ghost whisperer.Even the main characters share the same name.But somehow this explored the emotional side of each person that more on the ghost.That was what made it different.





"First Edward was a vampire.

Second, There was a part of him - and I didnt know how dominat that part might be - that he thristed for my blood.

And third ,I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him
."


This is gonna be released as a movie in December and I can't wait! It's about a girl,Isbella,who moves to into the sleepy,misty town of Forks to escape the reality of her mum and her new fiance.There she meets Edward,with pale skin and goddess like beauty that captives her the very first time she locked eyes with him.From then on she's so intrigued by him that she continuely persues him but he hides a secret.His beauty and unnatural powers show that he is really a vampire.And so the story unfolds.The author describes Edwards in such a wayy that I ended up having a crush on him.lol.The book jacket which shows the forbidden fruit from the Garden of Eden,that was the kinda of love that these two characters shared.I did a little reserch on wikipedia :D It has two more books to the series.I soo have to get it soon!


This really made me ponder on why we go for the forbidden and wrong.Is it the emotion exhilaration that we seek or the danger that thrills.We can't deny it's somewhere there deep down and yes I've been down that road quite a few times.Where you know it's wrong..yetz..curiousty kills I suppose..I guess thats what makes us dive off the cliff and pray to God that you are somehow miraculously caught.

Another wander of human nature

xoxo

No comments: